Sat, Nov 14|
Introduction to Nature Based Therapy - November
Nature Connection Workshops in Brighton based at Stanmer Park
Time & Location
Nov 14, 2020, 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Stanmer Church, 8 Stanmer Village, Stanmer, Brighton BN1 9PZ, UK
About the Event
We will be exploring different activities in nature to reveal more about our relationships to :
- the natural world
- each other
Our home base will be a small sheltered woodland area at the centre of the park.
Weaving together some of the core routines of nature connection (sit spot, aimless wander, tracking), meditation (walking and seated), yoga (a gentle warm up), journalling and nature games we will develop as a group with space to reflect on the activities and experiences.
There will be a short break in the middle of the session for BYO refreshments.
There will be time to be by yourself as well as with others.
- Please be on time as we will start promptly.
- Please bring your own refreshments, water, hot drinks etc.
- Warm and waterproof clothes & sturdy footwear.
- This workshop will happen in all weathers ! Let's be brave and immerse ourselves come rain or shine.
- We will be a small group of 7 consistent with UK guidance on social distancing.
- Please do not attend if you have any symptoms consistent with those of the Coronavirus.
- Bring a notepad and pen.
- There is a compost loo available on site as well as a public toilet a short walk away
- Stanmer Tea Rooms sell hot drinks and snacks if you wish to have lunch on site before we begin.
- Please be aware there are public footpaths weaving across the park with dog walkers.
- There is car parking at Stanmer Park. Be careful to park in designated spaces. At some point this will become pay parking although it is currently free.
- It is accessible by cycling
- It's a 15 minute walk from Falmer Railway station
- Buses run from Brighton to the park entrance regularly.
For more infos check out the website: www.tomcowan.info